Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My dream for Malawi’ 2014 Election Outcomes.


By:Mac Tembo


I had a dream and in my dream, Malawians had just made history by having voted for their first tripartite elections. In my dream, four candidates were the hot contenders on the ballot paper vying for the presidency. As I kept on with the dream, results from polling centers were being announced on our radios and as a fact, at a low tone it was so clear that the announcements clearly indicated who was going to the state house even before the Malawi Electoral Commission could announce the official results.

Just to swallow her pride and let it go, the first person to congratulate the winner was Joyce Banda, in her speech she said,” as a God fearing woman, i believes in respecting people's wishes and that I am proud of what I have done to Malawians when I was the state president for the short time I have been the country’s first citizen“and I recall.

Then I saw this other second person coming, it was the man of God cum politician who made his second remarks that it was high time he had to make his congratulatory message, The Man of God continued to say, “Malawians have spoken for themselves and I am ready to work with the new government as we are all geared to change the setting of a new nation better for all of us.’’

As I went on with my dream, it was now the youthful presidential aspirant coming in beautiful sewed “yellow attire”. His expression was brief and appearing to the nation that there was nothing to stop him from working with this new leader based on his maturity, sound policies and political style.

Most of you might be puzzled and wondering who this winner was, I cant force myself remember his name but I can only describe him as a well learned person, well exposed, calm, composed and experienced. That’s the best how I can describe him.  His first address to the nation as the state president, the man went straight to the point that he does not believe in insulting , castigating or lambasting his  opponents on the podium. For your reference he spoke, “people talked much about me and those used to castigation blamed me that I only speak for 12 minutes. They claimed that I  would  run away from this country because my brother is dead, they said I  would run away because I had  many cases to answer but true to my words, I stayed in Malawi”.

In his acceptance speech, vamong the first things that we need to work upon as a country are
a)      Scraping of automatic fuel pricing,
b)      To ensure security for every citizen,
c)      Reducing costs by not allowing ministers to follow me where ever I go
d)      Reducing my cabinet  to 15 full ministers and 4 deputies,
e)      Delivering to my people what I promised
f)       Distinguishing government duties from party
g)      Ensure that  MBC works as a public broadcaster and open to all political parties

In my dream the winner outlined his vision in full and asked expert  their opinions before implementation. As he continued with his speech, the winner  outlined how he want to solve the problem of limited places at our universities by introducing community colleges, how he want to support companies producing export products by giving them special incentives.

Just as part of my dream, I saw that Tanzania went to the international court on the lake Malawi wrangle and the winner told them without mincing words that the lake belongs to Malawi and its not negotiable so Tanzania had to back off.

Sorry my brethren, I was about to post his entire acceptance speech to all the forums including her Excellency page only to realize that  my  alarm clock waked me up to start the hard task of shouting “Amayi Chiongolero”

No comments:

Post a Comment